Fall is just around the corner and with fall comes, ever changing leaves, pumpkin spiced lattes and an especially amazing concert season. For this post, I’ve decided to let you all know who’s coming to a city near you and why you should see these amazing live acts. Also, while there are so many acts I would love to recommend you to see this fall, I’ve decided to just narrow it down to those I’ve personally seen live.
Let’s get started, shall we?
1. Troye Sivan – Suburbia Tour: I was able to see Troye live earlier this year when he was on his Blue Neighbourhood Tour it was one of the best live shows I’ve seen. Starting from the opener “Bite”, to the encore “Youth” I never stopped having fun. Honestly, it was one of my favorite shows I’ve ever been to. It was at a great venue, the Variety Playhouse in Atlanta, with a great audience and a great artist performing great music. The night was, well, great.
Dates: October 16th – November 18th
2. The 1975 – North American Tour: Now I was able to see this band at Shaky Knees earlier this year and after seeing them, I knew that I had to see them again, no doubt about it. Having followed this band since 2013, I was ecstatic just to see them in May, despite the fact it was a festival and not their own show. What I saw that night was pretty much magical. I don’t know if it was the amazing minimalist lighting they have, or it was the reality of finally hearing their song, “Sex” live , but something about that night made it one of the most memorable nights of my life. This is a band I recommend everyone see, even if you only know songs like “Chocolate,” “Girls” or “The Sound”, you will still have a great time.
Dates: October 1st – November 25th
3. Oh Wonder – North American Tour: I was able to see Oh Wonder at an intimate show when they came through Atlanta on their first time through the south east and they were simply wonderful.They’re a great band just in general, I would recommend looking them up if you haven’t, and I want to say the sound better live then they do in the studio and that’s saying something. A duo that provides beautiful songs that are normally accompanied by piano and guitar and they’re songs are the type you want to live in. They’re soft voices just send you into an ethereal state that you never want to get out of.
Dates: September 22nd – November 3rd
4. LANY – Kinda Tour: I was actually able to see LANY live at Shaky Knees earlier this year and when they opened for Oh Wonder a month later. After hearing about through multiple people on twitter, like Troye Sivan, I decided to give these guys a listen after deciding to leave The Decemberists set at Shaky Knees, and I’m glad I did. Although I was only able to catch the end of their set, hearing ILYSB, I was more than excited when I head they were opening for Oh Wonder. I fell even more in love with this band after seeing them on that tour, and can happily say I’m seeing them again in October.
Dates: August 31st – November 20th
5. Finish Ticket – Fall Tour 2016: I’ve been able to see this band twice within the last year and they left a lasting impression both times. The first time I saw them perform was when they were opening for twenty one pilots on their Blurryface tour, and after seeing it, I knew I had to see them again on their co-headline tour with Vinyl Theatre. Finish Ticket is a great band that has amazing stage presence, is personabwith their listeners and can have you dancing in no time.
Dates: September 16th – November 11th
Well that’s what I have for this week, and trust me, there are so many more acts I would love to put on this list but I figured I should keep it at a minimum for now. What do you think? Do you agree? Who are some people you would like to see this fall? Leave a comment below and I’ll see you all next week.
Song Recommendation of the Week: Loving Someone by The 1975
3 thoughts on “5 Tours You Need To Attend This Fall”