Last Monday, I posted a blog post about 12 Songs That Can Instantly Make Your Day Better, which you should all check out because today I’m posting the continuation of it. It’s just a list of songs that will make getting up for school or work less of a drag. I’ll also be putting up the Spotify playlist that I’ve made for all these songs at the bottom of this post.
Let’s get started shall we?
1. Cameo Lover by Kimbra – I’ve put this song on here not just because the album it’s from, Vows, is turning five this year, but also because it’s just an extremely fun song! Kimbra’s voice is so unique, and the music accompanying this song is just so fun and easy to dance to.
2. Closer by Tegan and Sara – Chances are, you’ve already heard this song. Whether it be on a commercial, a TV show, or you’re just a fan Tegan and Sara, you’ve probably heard this song; and when you did, you probably couldn’t stop dancing to it. With the mix of fun lyrics, a catchy chorus and just all around great music, this song makes you want to get up and dance.
3. I’m Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance with You (Twelves Remix) by The Black Kids – While I was trying to keep this list free of remixes, I couldn’t help but put this one on this list! Believe it or not, I first heard this on Glee (it was a different time) and I was instantly in love with it. Something about the fun electronic beats that come with along with the sassy story line makes for a great get out of bed song.
4. Run by Vampire Weekend – Though it’s been about three years since we’ve heard any new music from Vampire Weekend, this song is a still a great one to listen to. It’s about just taking the time to get away from all the stress that’s building up. It’s a great way to start the day.
5. Radar Detector by Darwin Deez – I find this song just absolutely adorable, and I think you will too. It’s just a cute little love song that’s got a fun beat, something you can perk up to and just be happy about. You should also check out the rest of Darwin Deez’s discography, it’s pretty great.
6. If You Say So by Vinyl Theatre – If you don’t know who Vinyl Theatre are, I would recommend checking out my blog post about them entitled, Why You Should Already Be Listening To Vinyl Theatre , and in said article I said that this is my favorite song of theirs. It’s starts off quick and never stops being just a really fun song.
7. Out of My League by Fitz and the Tantrums – When I first heard this song, I couldn’t stop playing it and I’m not kidding. I had the repeat button on for hours, and after you hear this song, you might see why. It’s a cute love song about being with someone who you think is out of your league, but to them, you’re their whole world. The music is great, the story is great, the song is just great.
8. Fred Astaire by San Cisco – This song starts off with a memorable drum track and just goes up from there. It’s a song I heard about three years ago and I still love it just as much to this day. It’s upbeat, fun and just an all around great listen.
9. The Sound by The 1975 – It’s no lie that The 1975’s album I Like It When You Sleep You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware of It is full of amazing songs, but a single that really stood out from the album, for a majority of people, was The Sound. It’s a fun song with an amazing guitar solo and just a great chorus to sing along to.
10. When Did Your Heart Go Missing by Rooney – While this song has a sad story to it about losing the emotional connection with a loved one, you can’t help but want to dance to this song right from the opening guitar part. A song that I think everyone should know.
11. Talk Too Much by COIN – After seeing COIN at Shaky Knees earlier this year, they have quickly become one of my favorite bands and I need to see them again ASAP. Though their entire album is just a fun listen, I’ve chosen their fairly new released single “Talk Too Much” because it’s got such a good beat, great lyrics and it’ll have you moving in no time.
12. Puzzle Pieces by Saint Motel – I love this song. It’s as simple as that. It’s starts off with a great piano part that perfectly sets up the rest of the song. It’s a cute bop that will have you singing along after you listen to it once.
13. T-Shirt Weather by Circa Waves – I remember when I first heard this song on iTunes radio and I fell in love with it in an instant. It’s a cute song about reminiscing and a great way to start your day. Circa Waves is also just a great band in general so you check them out just on that alone.